Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Babes in the Woods

Tonight, I went with my good friend Julie, who also coaches XC with me and is an Ironman triathlete and is, like, my only endurance-athlete friend, to Lapham Peak to run with the world-renowned Lapham Peak Trail Runners.  It. Was. Incredible.  Lapham Peak is my home trail, but it was amazing to be out there in the dark, with headlamps, under the stars, out of the city, in the woods.  I'm a bit intimidated by the LPTR runners, and Julie and I couldn't stay long enough to meet much of the group (although those I did meet were of course welcoming and friendly!).  It was just reassuring to see other people who like to run long.  Who think it's fun and not a punishment.  Who are used to playing outside and still consider themselves incredibly lucky blessed when they are able to do so.  It was about 35 degrees out, which felt fantastic, and Julie commented that the hills were less intimidating when you couldn't see to the top.  It was weird - like you didn't feel you were working that hard to get up.  My shin twinged a little bit, but as of now, I'm operating under this mentality: I will see a doctor about a possible stress injury when there is a splintered tibia sticking out of my skin.  BAM.

I'm so looking forward to my next run with the LPTR!

This week so far: 30 minutes of rowing on Monday with two separate sets of tabata intervals, and a rest day yesterday.

Get it, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment